10 Reasons to Join the Pinellas Park Medical District
In association with
St. Petersburg College/Caruth Health Education Center and
HCA Northside Hospital
- The Medical District has a marketing program and website promoting the area’s medical businesses.
- The Medical District will be a unique and recognized brand serving the many medically related businesses in the area.
- The Medical District is establishing a Client Referral System.
- The Medical District is coordinating group purchasing discounts for supplies and services from pre-qualified vendors.
- Financial institutions have pledged to provide a preferred financial services package to members.
- St. Petersburg College/Caruth Health Education Center and Florida Medical Prep will target training and internships to meet members’ needs.
- The combined strength of 190 medically related businesses in our concentrated Medical District will have a stronger voice in the community.
- The City of Pinellas Park offers business development incentives to members of our Medical District and is poised to provide members with quality business service attention.
- The Medical District has an in-house research team assessing common issues and needs of members.
- Monthly business luncheons provide unprecedented collaboration with the many medically related businesses in the area.
Welcome to the Pinellas Park Medical District!
To promote and strengthen health care in the Pinellas Park Medical District through medical business development, student enrollment, and employment opportunities
Pinellas Park Medical District Announces Major Partnerships
Northside Hospital and St. Petersburg College
Join Forces with Newly-Formed Medical District
Pinellas Park, FL (November 7, 2012) – The Pinellas Park Medical District (PPMD), a group of physicians, practices and other medically-aligned businesses, today announces its newly formed partnership with Northside Hospital and St. Petersburg College. The Pinellas Park-based medical group is joining forces in an effort to promote and strengthen health care in Pinellas Park and create more opportunities for medical professionals, students and community members throughout the area.
PPMD was established in early 2012 with originations from the Pinellas Park / Gateway Chamber of Commerce and the City of Pinellas Park. The members of PPMD have endeavored to educate local citizens about the extensive (and top-rate) health-care options in the area, forge relationships with local businesses, establish Pinellas Park as a top destination for employment in the healthcare industry and serve as a forum for healthcare providers and businesses to discuss the industry and where it is heading.
“Given their location, top-notch services and clout, Northside Hospital and St. Petersburg College seemed like perfect partners for PPMD,” said Lan Pratt, Chairman of the PPMD and Director for WellSpring Oncology. “We are looking forward to collaborating with these great organizations both professionally and in the community as our efforts increase.”
“As a strong supporter of the local community, Northside Hospital is passionate about this healthcare-focused initiative, which will bring medical services in Pinellas Park together and enhance their offerings to the benefit of area residents,” says Stephen J. Daugherty, President and CEO of Northside Hospital. “Northside employs some of the best medical professionals in the country and we look forward to offering our assistance in attracting more of the best to the area and providing better benefit to area residents through community programs and service.”
“SPC prides itself on serving the community and providing our students, faculty and staff with diverse opportunities,” said Phillip V. Nicotera M.D., MS.Ed, Provost for St. Petersburg College. “We are excited to join forces with PPMD and Northside Hospital and are looking forward to making Pinellas Park a better place for citizens and medical professionals alike to live and work.”
Media Opportunity: Northside Hospital will be presenting a check to the Pinellas Park Medical District at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, November 13 at Park Station located at 5851 Park Blvd. Pinellas Park. Northside Hospital will be named a Platinum Sponsor for the district.
For more information on PPMD, committees and community progress, visit www.pinellasparkmedicaldistrict.com.
Pinellas Park Medical District
The Pinellas Park Medical District was established to promote and strengthen health care in Pinellas through business development, student enrollment, and employment opportunities. Through this partnership, PPMD strives to establish Pinellas as the number one destination for employment in healthcare as well as a convenient source of high quality healthcare. For more information, visit www.pinellasparkmedicaldistrict.com or call (727) 544-4777.
Prepared by National Strategies Public Relations
Welcome to the Pinellas Park Medical District
The Pinellas Park Medical District is a partnership of the St. Petersburg College Caruth Health Education Center in Pinellas Park, The Pinellas Park/Gateway Chamber of Commerce, the City of Pinellas Park, and the medical providers in the vicinity of the St. Petersburg College HEC Campus.
To promote and strengthen health care in the Pinellas Park Medical District through business development, student enrollment, and employment opportunities.
Pinellas Park Medical District Goals:
- Establish the Pinellas Park Medical District as the #1 destination for employment in the healthcare industry.
- Establish the Pinellas Park Medical District as a convenient source of quality healthcare.
- Create a forum for healthcare providers and businesses to foster improved community health, enhance access to services, and assist medical providers in remaining financially competitive.
- Support the development of the SPC HEC and the surrounding health care community by forging a partnership among the City of Pinellas Park, the Pinellas Park/Gateway Chamber of Commerce, banks, medical providers and support services, and SPC HEC to foster business development, student enrollment, and post-training employment.
Did you know that St. Petersburg College was ranked No. #3 in the State of Florida for the number of nursing degrees awarded? # 8 in the U.S. for the number of associate degrees awarded annually in nursing? and ranked # 12 in the U.S. for the number of associate degrees awarded annually in health professions?